Jump to Main Content
- Moore, Donald T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2015 v.50 no.21 pp. 7000-7009
- hardness; microstructure; pellets; polymers; porosity; silicon carbide; temperature; thermal conductivity
- ... Silicon carbide is used for a variety of applications, however, sintering still remains a challenge due to the high temperature and pressure required as well as the need for sintering aids. The use of preceramic polymers as binder is a promising technique for pressureless low-temperature sintering of SiC without sintering aids. However, the mechanical and thermophysical properties as well as the m ...
- Moore, Donald
T., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.18 pp. 7679-7689
- anions; cations; cobalt; copper; hydrogen bonding; nickel; physical properties; probability; zinc
- ... A methodology for the design of polar, inorganic structures is demonstrated here with the packing of lambda (Λ)-shaped basic building units (BBUs). Noncentrosymmetric (NCS) solids with interesting physical properties can be created with BBUs that lack an inversion center and are likely to pack into a polar configuration; previous methods to construct these solids have used NCS octahedra as BBUs. U ...