Jump to Main Content
- Moore, S. E., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2018 v.31 no.4 pp. 451-462
- Mediterranean diet; adults; attitudes and opinions; body weight; cardiovascular diseases; cooking; cultural differences; eating habits; females; focus groups; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; qualitative analysis; risk factors; uncertainty; Northern European region
- ... BACKGROUND: Strong evidence links the consumption of a Mediterranean diet (MD) with a reduced cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk; however, there is uncertainty as to whether non‐Mediterranean regions will adopt this diet. The present qualitative research aimed to investigate attitudes towards a MD in individuals at high CVD risk in a Northern European population. This information is needed to infor ...
- Moore, S. E. M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Protoplasma 2006 v.228 no.1-3 pp. 151-157
- biopolymers; fossils; gas chromatography; ionization; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; palynology; plasticizers; pollen; solubility; spores
- ... The present study for the first time describes the application of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionisation time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-ToF MS) to palynology. With an accessible mass range of up to about 350,000 Da at subpicomolar range, this technique is ideal for the characterisation of bio-macromolecules, such as sporopollenin, found in fossil and extant pollen and spore walls, wh ...