Jump to Main Content
- Mooso, G.D., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of plant nutrition 1995 v.18 no.11 pp. 2273-2279
- Arachis glabrata; phosphorus; potassium; magnesium; sulfur; boron; nutrient availability; soil fertility; crop yield; coastal plain soils; forage; sandy loam soils; application rate; Louisiana
- ... Responses of rhizoma perennial peanut (Arachis glabrata Benth.) to rates of phosphorus (P), potassium (K), and a commercial product containing K, magnesium (Mg), sulfur (S), and boron (B) were evaluated on a Louisiana Coastal Plain soil. Although even the highest rate of P failed to maintain the initial high level of soil P, no response in forage production to P fertilization was obtained. Annual ...
- Mooso, G.D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of plant nutrition 1996 v.19 no.6 pp. 817-826
- Cynodon dactylon; urea; ammonium sulfate; magnesium; sulfur; boron; nutrient availability; crop yield; forage; coastal plain soils; crude protein; in vitro digestibility; crude fiber; dry matter accumulation; application rate; ammonium nitrate; Louisiana
- ... Common bermudagrass [Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers] is a widely used forage on the shallow, droughty coastal plain in southwest Louisiana. Management inputs including fertilizer are typically minimal, even though common bermudagrass has proven as productive as Coastal bermudagrass on these shallow soils. Lack of information about responsiveness of common bermudagrass to specific fertilizer treatments ...