Jump to Main Content
- Moralli, Daniela, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Chromosome research 2015 v.23 no.1 pp. 105-110
- DNA; cell membranes; centromeres; chromatin; embryonic stem cells; gene expression; harvesting; humans; metaphase; mice; models; neoplasm cells; neurons; regulator genes; satellite DNA
- ... De novo artificial chromosomes expressing genes have been generated in human embryonic stem cells (hESc) and are maintained following differentiation into other cell types. Human artificial chromosomes (HAC) are small, functional, extrachromosomal elements, which behave as normal chromosomes in human cells. De novo HAC are generated following delivery of alpha satellite DNA into target cells. HAC ...
- PubMed Central:
- Moralli, Daniela, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Mammalian genome 2004 v.15 no.5 pp. 399-403
- DNA; Drosophila melanogaster; Perissodactyla; Primates; Southern blotting; centromeres; evolution; genome; horses; humans; open reading frames; transposons
- ... Tigger elements are human DNA transposons homologous to the pogo element of Drosophila melanogaster. They contain an open reading frame for a transposase very similar to the major mammalian centromere protein CENP-B. We found in the horse genome a DNA element (Ecatig3) sharing 88% homology with human Tigger3. The presence of Tigger elements in the horse genome confirms previous data that date thes ...