Jump to Main Content
- Moreno‐Villena, Jose J., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Ecology letters 2019 v.22 no.2 pp. 302-312
- Alloteropsis; C4 photosynthesis; grasses; leaves; phenotype
- ... C₄ photosynthesis is a complex trait that boosts productivity in warm environments. Paradoxically, it evolved independently in numerous plant lineages, despite requiring specialised leaf anatomy. The anatomical modifications underlying C₄ evolution have previously been evaluated through interspecific comparisons, which capture numerous changes besides those needed for C₄ functionality. Here, we qu ...
- Moreno‐Villena, Jose J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2017 v.44 no.11 pp. 2475-2487
- Bayesian theory; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; anthropogenic activities; chloroplasts; forests; gene flow; genetic markers; genetic variation; palynology; phylogeography; Great Britain
- ... AIM: Human impacts have shaped species ranges throughout the Holocene. The putative native range of beech, Fagus sylvatica, in Britain was obscured by its late post‐glacial arrival and subsequent extensive management. We sought to differentiate the interacting effects of post‐glacial colonization and anthropic impacts on the current genetic structure and diversity of beech by contrasting phylogeog ...