Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Vilet, L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2018 v.50 pp. 196-206
- food processing; heat treatment; industrialization; Latin America; United States
- ... This review aims to describe the basic principles and applications of novel thermal technologies focusing on studies in Latin American countries with respect to those worldwide to define the current needs in research. Definitions, technical characteristics, mechanisms of bacterial inactivation, and potential applications are described, as well as the current status of these technologies and their ...
- Moreno-Vilet, L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2014 v.63 pp. 181-187
- Agave salmiana; Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis; Lactobacillus casei; cell cycle; food industry; fructans; functional foods; immune response; immunomodulators; in vitro studies; lactic acid bacteria; mononuclear leukocytes; nitric oxide; prebiotics; probiotics; transcription factors
- ... The prebiotic effect of agave fructans (Agave salmiana) was evaluated through the growth of two lactic acid bacterial (LAB) strains (Lactobacillus casei and Bifidobacterium lactis). The immune system was activated through the stimulation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) of healthy subjects testing fructans, LAB or a mixture of these compounds at different concentrations. Immune respons ...