Jump to Main Content
- Morey, Shamitha R., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Functional plant biology 2019 v.46 no.8 pp. 777-785
- agronomic traits; beta-fructofuranosidase; carbohydrate content; filling period; gene overexpression; growth and development; leaves; mutants; panicles; phenotype; plant growth; rice; spikelets; tillering; vacuoles
- ... OsINV2, a rice vacuolar invertase isoform, was assessed for its functional roles in plant growth and development with key focus on its agronomic traits such as grain weight, grain filling percentage, grain number and dry weights at various stages until harvest. Lack of differences between the wild-type and the mutants with respect to any of the aforementioned traits tested revealed a possibility o ...
- Morey, Shamitha R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of agronomy 2015 v.71 pp. 63-72
- Sorghum bicolor; biofuels; biomass production; cultivars; environmental factors; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; grain yield; irrigation; leaf area index; net assimilation rate; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient use efficiency; seeds; sweet sorghum; tropics; India
- ... Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench) is a multipurpose crop with high tolerance to environmental stresses. To meet the increased demand for food and biofuel, current agricultural practices rely on the excessive use of inorganic nitrogen (N) fertiliser. However, excessive N fertiliser has resulted in negative environmental effects. In view of the varied N use efficiency (NUE) of plants under diffe ...