Jump to Main Content
- Moriya, Toshifumi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied entomology and zoology 2019 v.54 no.2 pp. 167-174
- Asphondylia; Aucuba; cameras; females; flight; fruits; males; multivoltine habit; phototaxis; pupae; soybeans; swarming; univoltine habit; Japan
- ... The flight ability was compared between a host-alternating and multivoltine gall midge, Asphondylia yushimai Yukawa and Uechi (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) and a monophagous and univoltine congener, A. aucubae Yukawa and Ohsaki (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) using devices with a CCD camera and an apparatus for analyzing tethered flight sounds. The total flying time of their females was more than 2 h on avera ...
- Moriya, Toshifumi, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecology letters 2012 v.15 no.4 pp. 347-356
- biofilm; birds; ecosystems; energy; food webs; foods; models
- ... Ecology Letters (2012) 15: 347–356 ABSTRACT: Food webs are comprised of a network of trophic interactions and are essential to elucidating ecosystem processes and functions. However, the presence of unknown, but critical networks hampers understanding of complex and dynamic food webs in nature. Here, we empirically demonstrate a missing link, both critical and variable, by revealing that direct pr ...