Jump to Main Content
- Moroșanu, Gabriela Adina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017 v.599-600 pp. 700-709
- ecological restoration; humans; rivers; stream channels; watersheds; Romania
- ... In order to systematically plan river restoration actions at a regional scale, this paper develops a multi-criteria analysis that classifies rivers, based on their priority for hydromorphological restoration. This priority is defined by severe human pressures within the erodible corridor of the river, drastic alteration of the stream channel, and low intensity of river pattern functioning. Based o ...
- Moroşanu, Gabriela-Adina, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2018 v.217 pp. 735-746
- European Union; ecological restoration; habitats; management systems; monitoring; rivers; socioeconomics; surveys; water management; water policy; watersheds; Croatia; France; Romania
- ... Conducting hydromorphological assessments for evaluating the ecological status of rivers is a key requirement of the Directive 2000/60/EC (Water Framework Directive – WFD) within European Union (EU) Member States. This paper aims at understanding how this requirement was implemented, through an original comparative review of methodologies for rivers' hydromorphological assessment in three EU Membe ...