Jump to Main Content
- Morton, Craig J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.7 pp. 2204-2209
- electrostatic interactions; immune response; pathogenesis; pathogens; proteins; toxins; vertebrates
- ... β-Barrel pore-forming toxins (βPFTs) form an obligatory oligomeric prepore intermediate before the formation of the β-barrel pore. The molecular components that control the critical prepore-to-pore transition remain unknown for βPFTs. Using the archetype βPFT perfringolysin O, we show that E183 of each monomer within the prepore complex forms an intermolecular electrostatic interaction with K336 o ...
- PubMed Central:
- Morton, Craig J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Insect biochemistry and molecular biology 2014 v.54 pp. 11-21
- Drosophila melanogaster; Drosophila simulans; chloride channels; cross resistance; dieldrin; fipronil; gene duplication; genes; insecticide resistance; insects; loci; models; mutagenesis; pest control; point mutation; serine; transgenic insects
- ... Extensive use of older generation insecticides may result in pre-existing cross-resistance to new chemical classes acting at the same target site. Phenylpyrazole insecticides block inhibitory neurotransmission in insects via their action on ligand-gated chloride channels (LGCCs). Phenylpyrazoles are broad-spectrum insecticides widely used in agriculture and domestic pest control. So far, all ident ...
- Morton, Craig J., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Science 2014 v.344 no.6185 pp. 1249783
- crystal structure; cytokine receptors; energy transfer; mechanistic models; medicine; non-specific protein-tyrosine kinase; signal transduction; somatotropin receptors; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptional activation
- ... Signaling from JAK (Janus kinase) protein kinases to STAT (signal transducers and activators of transcription) transcription factors is key to many aspects of biology and medicine, yet the mechanism by which cytokine receptors initiate signaling is enigmatic. We present a complete mechanistic model for activation of receptor-bound JAK2, based on an archetypal cytokine receptor, the growth hormone ...