Jump to Main Content
- Moser, Carl, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2019 v.127 pp. 203-211
- Picea; cellulose; cellulose nanofibers; cellulosic materials; derivatization; industry; lignin; lignin content; mannans; mechanical properties; new markets; sawdust; stumps; waste wood; wood
- ... This paper investigated the impact of the amounts of lignin and hemicelluloses on cellulose nanofibers (CNFs). Birch and spruce wood were used to prepare holocellulose and cellulose samples by classical methods. To better assess the effect of the chemical composition on the CNF performance and simplify the process for CNF preparation, no surface derivatization method was applied for CNF preparatio ...
- Moser, Carl, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 v.9 no.15 pp. 13508-13519
- Ciona intestinalis; Eucalyptus grandis; Picea abies; cellulose; cellulose microfibrils; crystal structure; enzymatic hydrolysis; hardwood; homogenization; hydrophobicity; oxidation; polymerization; raw materials; softwood; tensile strength
- ... This work reveals the structural variations of cellulose nanofibers (CNF) prepared from different cellulose sources, including softwood (Picea abies), hardwood (Eucalyptus grandis × E. urophylla), and tunicate (Ciona intestinalis), using different preparation processes and their correlations to the formation and performance of the films prepared from the CNF. Here, the CNF are prepared from wood c ...