Jump to Main Content
- Mota, Margarida, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2018 v.238 pp. 177-186
- Castanea; crude protein; cultivars; fruits; irrigation systems; nutritive value; orchards; sensory properties; starch; sugars; Portugal
- ... In the northeast of Portugal there is a tendency to introduce irrigation system on the chestnut orchards but the effect of irrigation on the chestnut’s quality has not been studied yet. This study aims to evaluate the effect of irrigation on the ‘Judia’ cultivar chestnuts quality concerning its chemical composition, fruit size and tastiness. Three treatments were applied during 2015 and 2016: the ...
- Mota, Margarida, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.203 pp. 30-36
- Castanea; air; air temperature; irrigation scheduling; leaves; loam soils; microirrigation; orchards; photosynthesis; soil depth; soil water; soil water content; soil water potential; trees; Portugal
- ... Chestnut orchards are facing new limitations due to scarce of soil water during summer times, mainly attributed to the low precipitation amount typically occurred on such period. The present study aims to define a methodology to improve in a smart way the utilization of water on chestnut irrigation. Based on leaf gas exchanges parameters, there is done a transposition for the soil water content an ...