Jump to Main Content
- Moural, Timothy W., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Pesticide biochemistry and physiology 2019 v.160 pp. 1-10
- Drosophila melanogaster; Lymantria dispar; RNA interference; deltamethrin; forest insects; forest pests; genes; glutathione transferase; heat shock proteins; insecticide resistance; longevity; moths; odorant receptors; transgenic insects
- ... Insect G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) have been identified as a highly attractive target for new generation insecticides discovery due to their critical physiological functions. However, few insect GPCRs have been functionally characterized. Here, we cloned the full length of a methuselah-like GPCR gene (Ldmthl1) from the Asian gypsy moth, Lymantria dispar. We then characterized the secondary ...
- Moural, Timothy W., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Plant physiology 2017 v.173 no.1 pp. 417-433
- Panicum virgatum; active sites; biofuels; biomass; biosynthesis; catalytic activity; cell walls; chemical elements; crystal structure; enzyme kinetics; forage crops; free radicals; genes; insects; isozymes; lignification; lignin; molecular models; oxidation; peroxidases; phenylpropanoids; plant-insect relations; substrate specificity; tissues
- ... Class III peroxidases (CIIIPRX) catalyze the oxidation of monolignols, generate radicals, and ultimately lead to the formation of lignin. In general, CIIIPRX genes encode a large number of isozymes with ranges of in vitro substrate specificities. In order to elucidate the mode of substrate specificity of these enzymes, we characterized one of the CIIIPRXs (PviPRX9) from switchgrass (Panicum virgat ...
- PubMed Central:
- Moural, Timothy W, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2014 v.10 no.1 pp. 286
- Porcine circovirus; antibodies; antigens; average daily gain; crossbreds; haplotypes; immune response; immunoglobulin G; immunoglobulin M; mortality; swine; temporal variation; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; viral load; viremia; virus replication
- ... BACKGROUND: Porcine circovirus 2 is the primary agent responsible for inducing a group of associated diseases known as Porcine Circovirus Associated Diseases (PCVAD), which can have detrimental effects on production efficiency as well as causing significant mortality. The objective of this study was to evaluate variation in viral replication, immune response and growth across pigs (n = 974) from d ...
- PubMed Central: