Jump to Main Content
- Mozhdeganloo, Z., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of parasitic diseases 2014 v.38 no.3 pp. 269-272
- Carassius auratus; Dactylogyrus; goldfish; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress; parasitism; thiols
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the status of oxidative stress in the gill tissues of goldfishes (Carassius auratus) parasitized by Dactylogyrus spp. We therefore compared the concentrations of malondialdehyde (MDA) and total thiol groups in the gill tissues of parasitized and non- parasitized goldfishes. 15 goldfishes parasitized by Dactylogyrus spp. along with 15 non-parasitized goldfis ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC4087321 [Available on 09/01/15]
- Mozhdeganloo, Z., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2015 v.165 no.1 pp. 103-109
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; alanine transaminase; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; aspartate transaminase; enzyme activity; fish; glutathione; lactate dehydrogenase; lipid peroxidation; liver; malondialdehyde; methylmercury compounds; oxidative stress; protective effect
- ... The present study was undertaken to evaluate methylmercury-induced alterations in hepatic enzymes and oxidative stress markers in liver tissue of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) by using a perfusion method, and to explore possible protective effect of vitamin C against these alterations. Forty-eight fish were divided into six groups containing control, test, and amelioration groups. The liver ...