Jump to Main Content
- Mu, Yongping, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2016 v.190 pp. 83-90
- Astragalus; Glycyrrhiza uralensis; Western blotting; alanine transaminase; animal models; bile ducts; blood serum; cell lines; cell viability; collagen; fibrosis; gene expression; glycyrrhizin; histopathology; hydroxyproline; in vitro studies; inflammation; liver; liver cirrhosis; messenger RNA; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; rhizomes; saponins; signal transduction; synergism; traditional medicine; transforming growth factor beta 1
- ... Huangqi decoction (HQD) is a well-known traditional Chinese herbal formulation, It is an effective treatment for consumptive disease and chronic liver diseases. It consists of Radix Astragali (Astragalus membranceus(Fisch.) Bge. Root, Huangqi) and Radix Glycyrrhizae (Glycyrrhiza uralensis Fisch., root and rhizome, Gancao). Total astragalus saponins (AST) is a main component of Radix Astragali and ...
- Mu, Yongping, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2012 v.12 no.1 pp. 51
- Kupffer cells; Western blotting; actin; alternative medicine; apoptosis; confocal microscopy; cytokines; fibrosis; inflammation; liver; liver cirrhosis; mechanism of action; protective effect; rats; smooth muscle; transforming growth factor beta 1
- ... BACKGROUND: Previously, Huangqi decoction (HQD) has been found to have a potential therapeutic effect on DMN-induced liver cirrhosis. Here, the mechanisms of HQD action against liver fibrosis were investigated in relation to hepatocyte apoptosis and hepatic inflammation regulation. METHODS: Liver fibrosis was induced by DMN administration for 2 or 4 weeks. Hepatocyte apoptosis and of Kupffer cells ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mu, Yongping, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2009 v.121 no.1 pp. 35-42
- Oriental traditional medicine; herbal medicines; medicinal properties; liver cirrhosis; rats; animal disease models; carbon tetrachloride; fibrosis; histopathology; hepatocytes; apoptosis; metalloproteinases
- ... Aim of study: To investigate action mechanism of Yi Guan Jian Decoction on cirrhosis induced by CCl₄ in rats. Material and methods: CCl₄ (3mL/kg) for the first time and then olive oil CCl₄ solution 50% (2mL/kg) was administered hypodermically to rats twice each week for 12 weeks. At the end of 8th week, rats were randomly divided into CCl₄ control group (n =10), Yi Guan Jian Decoction group (n =9) ...