Jump to Main Content
- Mulrennan, Monica, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Conservation biology 2016 v.30 no.6 pp. 1277-1287
- case studies; digital database; environmental monitoring; models; scientists; stakeholders; volunteers; Australia; Canada; Ethiopia; Ghana; Greenland; Vietnam
- ... Many argue that monitoring conducted exclusively by scientists is insufficient to address ongoing environmental challenges. One solution entails the use of mobile digital devices in participatory monitoring (PM) programs. But how digital data entry affects programs with varying levels of stakeholder participation, from nonscientists collecting field data to nonscientists administering every step o ...
- Mulrennan, Monica E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environment, development and sustainability 2010 v.12 no.6 pp. 945-965
- conservation areas; development policy; international organizations; marine environment; people; social networks
- ... Policy development related to marine protected areas (MPAs) occurs at three levels: international, national, and local. Recent developments with MPAs highlight their close links to broader national-level park and protected area policies, which in turn take their lead from initiatives and recommendations initiated, and increasingly dictated, by international organizations. Local-level inputs to MPA ...