Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: silva?
- Murialdo, Silvia E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Current microbiology 2018 v.75 no.8 pp. 1108-1118
- 4-hydroxybenzoic acid; Halomonas; bacteria; benzoic acid; bioavailability; biochemical pathways; bioremediation; biosurfactants; catechol; chemotaxis; effluents; fluorenes; genes; habitats; halophiles; metabolism; naphthalene; phenanthrenes; phthalates; seawater; sequence analysis; xenobiotics
- ... The study of the aromatic compounds’ degrading ability by halophilic bacteria became an interesting research topic, because of the increasing use of halophiles in bioremediation of saline habitats and effluents. In this work, we focused on the study of aromatic compounds’ degradation potential of Halomonas sp. KHS3, a moderately halophilic bacterium isolated from hydrocarbon-contaminated seawater ...
- Murialdo, Silvia E, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2016 v.127 pp. 146-153
- attractants; chemotaxis; qualitative analysis; space and time; time series analysis
- ... The aim of the present work was to design a methodology based on video processing to obtain indicators of bacterial population motility that allow the quantitative and qualitative analysis and comparison of the chemotactic phenomenon with different attractants in the agarose-in plug bridge method. Video image sequences were processed applying Shannon's entropy to the intensity time series of each ...
- Murialdo, Silvia E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Livestock science 2014 v.167 pp. 121-125
- Ruminococcus albus; bacterial communities; byproducts; cattle; cellulose; chemoattractants; chemotaxis; daidzein; fermentation; gas production (biological); intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; nutrients; phylotype; probiotics; rumen bacteria; rumen fermentation; rumen fluids; soil bacteria
- ... Chemotaxis is a mechanism which involves bacterial mobilization to find nutrients or escape from harmful environments. Although ruminal fermentation processes and its by-products are well-known, rumen bacterial chemotaxis has received no attention. Daidzein is one of the common metabolites in plants and has chemotactic effects on soil bacteria that colonize the plants. There are several tests to a ...