Jump to Main Content
- Murta, Silvane M. F., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Parasitology research 2010 v.107 no.1 pp. 205-212
- Leishmania amazonensis; amphotericin B; antimony; culture media; mice; phenotype; potassium
- ... In the present study, we selected in vitro populations of Leishmania Viannia guyanensis, L.V. braziliensis, L. Leishmania amazonensis and L.L. infantum chagasi that were resistant to potassium antimony tartrate (SbIII). The resistance index of these populations varied from 4- to 20-fold higher than that of their wild-type counterparts. To evaluate the stability of the resistance phenotype, these f ...
- Murta, Silvane M. F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology research 2009 v.104 no.4 pp. 835-844
- parasites; messenger RNA; proteins; drug therapy; at-risk population; polyclonal antibodies; hydrogen peroxide; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Western blotting; genes; Trypanosoma cruzi; Northern blotting; peroxidase
- ... Antioxidant defense in Trypanosomatids has been indicated as a potential target for chemotherapy. Tryparedoxin peroxidase (TXNPx) participates in this defense by metabolizing hydrogen peroxide to water molecules. In this work, genes encoding both cytosolic (cTcTXNPx) and mitochondrial (mTcTXNPx) TXNPx were characterized in 15 benznidazole-susceptible and resistant Trypanosoma cruzi strains. Northe ...