Jump to Main Content
- Muttach, Fabian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Chemical communications 2018 v.54 no.5 pp. 449-451
- DNA; S-adenosylmethionine; chemical reactions; methyltransferases; moieties
- ... Methyltransferases are powerful tools for site-specific transfer of non-natural functional groups from synthetic analogs of their cosubstrate S-adenosyl-l-methionine (AdoMet). We present a new class of AdoMet analogs containing photo-caging (PC) groups in their side chain, enzymatic transfer of PC groups by a promiscuous DNA MTase as well as light-triggered removal from the target DNA. This strate ...
- Muttach, Fabian, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Methods 2016 v.107 pp. 3-9
- S-adenosylmethionine; messenger RNA; methyltransferases; proteins
- ... This paper outlines chemically and enzymatically synthesized S-adenosylmethionine (AdoMet) analogs and their use in the site-specific modification of RNA by methyltransferases, enabling the facile attachment of clickable moieties to the nucleic acid. We then focus on methodological aspects of setting up a methyltransferase-based enzymatic cascade reaction starting from methionine analogs. This str ...