Jump to Main Content
- Mydlarova Blascakova, M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1125 pp. 283-286
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Vaccinium myrtillus; Vitis vinifera; absorbance; acetone; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bilberries; ethanol; free radicals; grapes
- ... Antioxidants are substances acting against free radicals. Berries are known for their high content of anthocyanins - natural pigments with antioxidant activity. We compared antioxidant activity of Vitis vinifera L. and Vaccinium myrtillus L. acetone and ethanol extracts by DPPH• method. The presence of antioxidants leads to the elimination of DPPH radical and to decrease of absorbance. Inhibition ...
- Mydlarova Blascakova, M., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1133 pp. 357-362
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Aronia melanocarpa; Sambucus nigra; Vaccinium corymbosum; animal tissues; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biochemical compounds; blueberries; elderberries; ethanol; foods; free radicals; freeze drying; fungi; neoplasms; oxidative stress; pathogenesis; plants (botany); polyphenols; risk reduction
- ... An increased accumulation of free radicals is involved in the pathogenesis of many civilization diseases (e.g., oncological diseases) and oxidative stress is caused by the increased production of free radicals exceeding the antioxidant defenses. Antioxidants are substances naturally found in almost all microorganisms, fungi, plants and in animal tissues. Among the effective natural antioxidants pr ...