Jump to Main Content
- MYERS, M.J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics 2010 v.33 no.1 pp. 1-8
- lipopolysaccharides; Holstein; prostaglandins; flunixin; dexamethasone; blood; dairy cows; cattle diseases; aspirin; bradykinin; biomarkers; indomethacin; gene expression; messenger RNA; nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; inflammation; lactation; cultured cells; prostaglandin synthase; thromboxanes
- ... Myers, M. J., Scott, M. L., Deaver, C. M., Farrell, D. E., Yancy, H. F. Biomarkers of inflammation in cattle determining the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs. J. vet. Pharmacol. Therap.33, 1-8. The impact of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) on prostaglandin E₂ (PGE₂) production and cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) mRNA expression in bovine whole blood (WB) cultures stimulated by lipopo ...
- Myers, M.J., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2013 v.94 no.3 pp. 656-661
- Collie; animal models; digoxin; dogs; doramectin; genes; ivermectin; mice; moxidectin; mutation; neurotoxicity
- ... Certain dog breeds, especially Collies, are observed to exhibit neurotoxicity to avermectin drugs, which are P-glycoprotein (P-gp) substrates. This neurotoxicity is due to an ABCB1 gene mutation (ABCB1-1Δ) that results in non-functional P-gp expression. A developed Abcb1a knock-in/Abcb1b knock-out mouse model expressing the ABCB1-1Δ canine gene was previously reported and mice exhibited sensitivit ...
- Myers, M.J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2003 v.91 no.1 pp. 39-44
- Salmonella Enteritidis; T-lymphocytes; White Leghorn; antigens; concanavalin A; flagellum; flow cytometry; interleukin-2; laying hens; live vaccines; lymphocyte proliferation; messenger RNA; splenocytes
- ... The impact of live and killed Salmonella vaccines on cell-mediated immunity (CMI) was investigated in 18- and 32-week-old White Leghorn chickens, by assessing splenic lymphocyte proliferation, expression of IL-2 mRNA in concanavalin A (Con A) stimulated cells and flow cytometric analysis of cell subpopulations. Con A and Salmonella enteritidis (SE) flagella induced proliferation of splenocytes wer ...