Jump to Main Content
- Saha, Mandira; Bandyopadhyay, Probir Kumar
- Microbial pathogenesis 2018 v.122 pp. 191-199
- Myxobolidae, etc ; Carassius auratus; aquaculture; genes; goldfish; molecular systematics; monophyly; mortality; new species; nucleotide sequences; ornamental fish; parasites; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; scanning electron microscopes; spores; India; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Fish mortality and poor growth in surviving fish contribute substantial losses to the ornamental fish farms of India and revealed an infection of a new myxosporidian parasite Thelohanellus indiana n. sp. which has become one of the most important limiting factors for successful aquaculture management. The parasite infects Carassius auratus, an Indian goldfish, described on the basis of myxospores ...
- Shin, Sang Phil; Nguyen, Van Giap; Jeong, Jae Mook; Jun, Jin Woo; Kim, Ji Hyung; Han, Jee Eun; Baeck, Gun Wook; Park, Se Chang
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2014 v.72 pp. 31-34
- Myxobolidae, etc ; Cyprinidae; ancestry; fish; host specificity; phylogeny; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Thelohanellus kitauei (Myxobolidae) infects cyprinid fish. The evolution of species derived from common ancestors results in the sharing of biological features. To reveal the origin of T. kitauei biological features, the correlation between phylogeny and biological features of Myxobolidae was investigated by Bayesian inference tree and Bayesian tip association significance testing. The results dem ...