Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: noble?
- Nöbel, Sabine, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Animal behaviour 2018 v.141 pp. 9-15
- Drosophila melanogaster; animal behavior; asymmetry; clearcutting; color; copulation; dusting; evolution; females; fruit flies; invertebrates; males; phenotype; powders
- ... To assess potential mates' quality individuals can observe sexually interacting conspecifics. Such social information use is called mate copying and occurs when observer individuals witnessing sexual interactions of conspecifics later show a mating preference for mates that were seen mating. Most studies have focused on female mate copying, as females are usually the choosy sex. However, much less ...
- Nöbel, Sabine, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal behaviour 2016 v.121 pp. 163-174
- Drosophila melanogaster; animal behavior; atmospheric pressure; environmental factors; females; learning; males; mating behavior; reproductive isolation; sexual reproduction
- ... Mate choice can strongly affect fitness in sexually reproducing organisms. A form of mate choice is mate copying, in which individuals use information about potential mates by copying the mate choice of other individuals. While many studies have documented mate copying, little is known about the effect of environmental conditions on this behaviour. Here, we report the first evidence that Drosophil ...