Jump to Main Content
- Na, Ju Yong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2020 v.611 pp. 118384
- artificial membranes; bioreactors; cartilage; cell culture; cell proliferation; mass transfer; mechanical properties; microstructure; monitoring; porosity
- ... To address clogging issue in conventional scaffolds, a novel 3D architecture of semi-permeable membrane was recently proposed by the authors’ research group. It was designed to have two distinct sub-volumes, which serve independently for cell culture and perfusion. Mass transfer was implemented through the interfacial smooth-curved semi-permeable membrane between the two volumes. Here, as a contin ...
- Na, Ju Yong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2019 v.187 no.3 pp. 884-893
- Alzheimer disease; Parkinson disease; antineoplastic activity; central nervous system; gene expression; homeostasis; immune response; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; lipopolysaccharides; macrophages; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; necrosis; neoplasms; neuroglia; nitric oxide; phosphorylation; prostaglandin synthase; protein content; therapeutics; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; vanilla beans; vanillin
- ... Microglia, resident macrophages of the central nervous system (CNS), is responsible for immune responses and homeostasis of the CNS. Microglia plays a complex role in neuroinflammation, which has been implicated in neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. Therefore, therapeutic agents that suppress the microglia-mediated inflammatory response could potentiall ...