Jump to Main Content
- Naderizadeh, Sara, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- DieStärke = 2019 v.71 no.1-2 pp. e1800027
- X-ray diffraction; acid hydrolysis; biodegradability; crystal structure; engineering; food industry; montmorillonite; nanocomposites; nanocrystals; particle size; pharmaceutical industry; polyvinyl alcohol; potato starch; starch granules; synergism; tensile strength; thermal properties; thermogravimetry
- ... Starch, as a natural, renewable, and biodegradable polysaccharide, is widely used in the food and pharmaceutical industries. However, the extreme water‐sensitivity and poor tensile strength of starch materials have limited its practical application as an engineering material. Here, the authors blended starch with PVA to improve its film formability, and then, added Na‐MMT and SNCs to the blend in ...
- Naderizadeh, Sara, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2018 v.519 pp. 285-295
- abrasion resistance; aluminum; annealing; graphene; hydrophobicity; liquids; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; polyurethanes; silica; solvents; temperature; texture; thermoplastics; welding
- ... Nanoparticle films are one of the most suitable platforms for obtaining sub-micrometer and nanometer dual-scale surface texture required for liquid repellency. The assembly of superhydrophobic nanoparticles into conformal and strongly adherent films having abrasion-induced wear resistance still poses a significant challenge. Various techniques have been developed over the years to render nanoparti ...