Jump to Main Content
- Nafstad, P., et al. Show all 54 Authors
- Environment international 2016 v.87 pp. 66-73
- air pollution; carcinogens; cohort studies; copper; humans; iron; land use; lung neoplasms; lungs; meta-analysis; models; nickel; particulates; regression analysis; risk; silicon; sulfur; vanadium; zinc; Europe
- ... Particulate matter (PM) air pollution is a human lung carcinogen; however, the components responsible have not been identified. We assessed the associations between PM components and lung cancer incidence.We used data from 14 cohort studies in eight European countries. We geocoded baseline addresses and assessed air pollution with land-use regression models for eight elements (Cu, Fe, K, Ni, S, Si ...
- Nafstad, P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Salmo salar; adults; animal pathology; arterioles; blood platelets; chromatin; coagulation; cytoplasm; disease susceptibility; disseminated intravascular coagulation; edema; endothelium; farmed fish; fibrin; hemorrhage; light microscopy; necropsy; necrosis; parr; reticulocytes; salmon
- ... Necropsy findings in adult salmon with subclinical “Hitra disease” (hemorrhagic syndrome) varied from negligible to hemorrhagic diathesis with generalized edema. By light microscopy, minute vessels were dilated, arterioles had mural necrosis, and thrombi were present. Occlusions consisted of fused erythrocytes and fibrin. Ultrastructurally, endothelial nuclei were pyknotic with condensed chromatin ...