Jump to Main Content
- Nagahama, Y., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Gene 2012 v.509 no.1 pp. 68-76
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; TATA box; catfish; cyclic AMP; drugs; forskolin; genes; hormone metabolism; luciferase; mammals; oocytes; steroid hormones; substrate specificity; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; trout; xenobiotics
- ... Teleostean 20β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (20β-HSD) is involved in final oocyte maturation and steroid hormone metabolism. It has structural and functional similarities to mammalian carbonyl reductases that are involved in the metabolism of endogenous carbonyl and xenobiotic compounds. To understand the transcriptional regulation of 20β-HSD, here we report the cloning of 20β-HSD promoter from tw ...
- Nagahama, Y., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Aquaculture 2002 no.3/4 pp. 191-364
- sexual development; animal behavior; secretion; gonads; animal physiology; sex chromosomes; hermaphroditism; fish; receptors; genetic markers; biomarkers; sex hormones; sex ratio; water temperature; aneuploidy; vitellogenesis; water pollution; metabolism; evolution; androgenesis; hybridization; intersexuality; enzyme activity; steroids; germ cells; sex determination; gynogenesis; polyploidy; genetic variation
- ... A great deal of information is known regarding the process of sex differentiation in fish, and the mechanisms involved in primary sex determination are now beginning to be defined. A range of gonadal differentiation types have been described for fish, including gonochoristic species possessing purely ovarian or testicular tissues, as well as hermaphroditic species that can initially mature either ...
- Nagahama, Y., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fish physiology and biochemistry 2009 v.35 no.3 pp. 325-332
- genes; fish; heart; spermatocytes; brain; oogenesis; gene expression; intestines; spleen; testes; embryogenesis; Drosophila; germplasm; spermatogonia; messenger RNA; spermatogenesis; muscles; arginine; mice; proteins; liver; DNA methylation; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Oryzias latipes; gills; methyltransferases
- ... DNA methylation is an important biochemical epigenetic determinant of gene expression in cells and therefore actively involved in gene regulation, chromosomal conformation, and protein activity. Protein arginine methyltransferases (PRMTs) play a major role in the methylation of proteins that have an arginine residue, catalyzing both the asymetric dimethylation of arginine (aDMA) and symetric dimet ...