Jump to Main Content
- Naithani, Sushma, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- The new phytologist 2015 v.206 no.4 pp. 1406-1422
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Eucalyptus grandis; biomarkers; biotechnology; breeding; buds; developmental stages; flowering; gene expression regulation; genes; leaves; phosphotransferases (kinases); pollen; roots; stems; tissues; transcription factors; transcriptome; vegetative growth
- ... As a step toward functional annotation of genes required for floral initiation and development within the Eucalyptus genome, we used short read sequencing to analyze transcriptomes of floral buds from early and late developmental stages, and compared these with transcriptomes of diverse vegetative tissues, including leaves, roots, and stems. A subset of 4807 genes (13% of protein‐coding genes) wer ...
- Naithani, Sushma, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2007 v.104 no.29 pp. 12211-12216
- Brassica oleracea; Arabidopsis; protein kinases; receptors; protein structure; protein conformation; stigma; membrane proteins; plasma membrane; dimerization
- ... The highly polymorphic S-locus receptor kinase (SRK) is the stigma determinant of specificity in the self-incompatibility response of the Brassicaceae. SRK spans the plasma membrane of stigma epidermal cells, and it is activated in an allele-specific manner on binding of its extracellular region (eSRK) to its cognate pollen coat-localized S-locus cysteine-rich (SCR) ligand. SRK, like several other ...
- PubMed Central:
- Naithani, Sushma, et al. Show all 71 Authors
- Nature Genetics 2010 v.43 no.2 pp. 109
- Fragaria ananassa; Fragaria vesca; Populus; Prunus; ancestry; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; diploidy; flavor; flowering; genes; genetic transformation; horticulture; models; nutritive value; phylogeny; prediction; sequence analysis; strawberries; taxonomy; technology; transcriptome
- ... The woodland strawberry, Fragaria vesca (2n = 2x = 14), is a versatile experimental plant system. This diminutive herbaceous perennial has a small genome (240 Mb), is amenable to genetic transformation and shares substantial sequence identity with the cultivated strawberry (Fragaria × ananassa) and other economically important rosaceous plants. Here we report the draft F. vesca genome, which was s ...
- PubMed Central: