Jump to Main Content
- Nan, Can, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Pest management science 2019 v.75 no.8 pp. 2166-2173
- RNA interference; Tetranychus cinnabarinus; acaricide resistance; acaricides; carbamates; carboxylesterase; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; genes; hydrolysis; insecticides; metabolites; mites; organophosphorus compounds; point mutation; synergism; toxicity
- ... BACKGROUND: Increased expression or point mutations of carboxyl/cholinesterases (CCEs) have been involved in many cases of insecticide and acaricide resistance. However, it has been only rarely documented that downregulation of CCE genes is associated with resistance, although many insecticides and acaricides need hydrolytic activation in vivo. Previously, expression analysis of a laboratory‐selec ...
- Nan, Can, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Pest management science 2019 v.75 no.1 pp. 252-261
- RNA interference; Tetranychus cinnabarinus; acaricide resistance; carboxylesterase; double-stranded RNA; enzyme activity; evolution; fenpropathrin; gene overexpression; genes; messenger RNA; protein synthesis
- ... BACKGROUND: Carboxylesterases (CarEs) are important in pesticide resistance. Four overexpressed CarE genes with inducible character were screened out in fenpropathrin‐resistant Tetranychus cinnabarinus, but their functional roles remained to be further analyzed by RNAi and protein expression. RESULTS: Feeding a single double‐stranded (ds)RNA of each of four genes led to gene‐specific downregulatio ...