Jump to Main Content
- Nan, Haiming, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.719 pp. 137450
- dissolved oxygen; estuaries; groundwater; hypoxia; models; nutrients; organic matter; primary productivity; radionuclides; radon; rivers; summer
- ... The Changjiang (Yangtze) River Estuary (CJE) is one of the largest and most intense seasonal hypoxic zones in the world. Here we examine the possibility that submarine groundwater discharge (SGD) may contribute to the summer hypoxia. Spatial distributions of bottom water ²²²Rn suggest a hotspot discharge area in the northern section of the CJE. SGD fluxes were estimated based on a ²²²Rn mass balan ...
- Nan, Haiming, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Chinese journal of oceanology and limnology 2017 v.35 no.5 pp. 1108-1116
- chlorophyll; estuaries; isotopes; mass transfer; mixing; nutrients; particulates; primary productivity; radionuclides; radium; river water; rivers; summer; surface water; winter
- ... Radium (Ra) isotopes are useful for tracing water mass transport and examining estuarine hydrological dynamics. In this study, several hydrological parameters, nutrients, chlorophyll-a (chl-a), suspended particulate matter (SPM) and Ra isotopes (²²³Ra, ²²⁴Ra and 226Ra) of surface waters of the Zhujiang (Pearl) River estuary (ZRE) were measured. This was done for both winter (December) and summer ( ...