Jump to Main Content
- Napier, R.
- Annals of botany 2004 v.93 no.3 pp. 227-233
- plant hormones; ethylene; hormone receptors; binding sites; hydrophobicity; mutants; cytokinins; brassinosteroids; kinases; auxins; protein conformation; abscisic acid; gibberellins; binding proteins
- ... Aims: Receptors for plant hormones are becoming identified with increasing rapidity, although a frustrating number remain unknown. There have also been many more hormone-binding proteins described than receptors. This Botanical Briefing summarizes what has been discovered about hormone binding sites, their discovery and descriptions, and will not dwell on receptor functions or activities except wh ...
- PubMed Central:
- Napier, R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The plant journal 1999 v.19 no.4 pp. 481-488
- roots; Zea mays; apical meristems; plant proteins; immunocytochemistry; plasmodesmata; amino acid sequences; endoplasmic reticulum; root tips; cytoplasm; cell membranes; mannitol; plasmolysis
- ... Using a polyclonal antibody raised against calreticulin purified and sequenced from maize, we performed an immunocytological study to characterize putative domain-specific subcellular distributions of endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-resident calreticulin in meristematic cells of maize root tip. At the light microscopy level, calreticulin was immunolocalized preferentially at cellular peripheries, in ad ...