Jump to Main Content
- Nasto, Ina, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2019 v.175 pp. 300-308
- canyons; corals; fossils; thorium; uranium; water; Adriatic Sea; Mediterranean region
- ... The deep southern Adriatic Sea is home of widespread cold-water coral colonization (Madrepora oculata, Lophelia pertusa, Desmophyllum dianthus) which is at present limited by large to its western (Apulian) margin and central part, including the Bari Canyon system. On the contrary, the eastern side is today almost deprived of significant coral growth and this asymmetrical distribution has been ascr ...
- Nasto, Ina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2016 v.109 no.1 pp. 409-418
- Cystoseira; Lithophyllum; macroalgae; water pollution; Albania; Mediterranean Sea
- ... The lower mid-littoral and shallow subtidal communities were studied in the district of Vlora (Albania), three years after the establishment of a Marine Protected Area, with particular attention to the long-lived species. The bioconstructions built in the mid-littoral zone by the calcified rhodobiont Lithophyllum byssoides were in poor condition and sometimes even dead. In contrast, the brown alga ...