Jump to Main Content
- Navarrete-Bolaños, José
L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2013 v.52 no.42 pp. 14729-14742
- chemical engineering; chemistry; mathematical theory; sustainable engineering; topology
- ... It is difficult to imagine mathematics or engineering to date without nonlinear algebraic systems; these topics have deserved more diverse and vigorous interest over the years. In fact, one of the most important modern branches of mathematics originated in this context, topology, which has been inseparable from homotopy theory, describes a powerful intuitive tool to solve nonlinear algebraic syste ...
- Navarrete-Bolaños, José L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of stored products research 2011 v.47 no.2 pp. 106-122
- ambient temperature; equations; heat; isogenic lines; least squares; models; momentum; silos; small cereal grains; temperature profiles
- ... A numerical study was performed on the transient heat and mass convection of grain storage in a cylindrical silo. Temperature gradients were induced by the heat of respiration, and thermal gradients were generated by variations of the temperature surrounding the cavity. The model was developed using the equations of heat, mass, and momentum transport for multiphasic media. The equation that repres ...
- Navarrete-Bolanos, Jose L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2009 v.57 no.21 pp. 10205–10210
- biotechnology; enzymatic hydrolysis; Agave; fructooligosaccharides; fructose; syrups; Kluyveromyces marxianus; sap; novel foods; juices; food analysis; food composition; inulinase
- ... A strategy to optimize biotechnological process design is illustrated for the production of fructose-rich syrups via enzymatic hydrolysis of agave fructo-oligosaccharides. The optimization process includes ecological studies from natural fermentations leading to the selection of a strain with capacity for inulinase synthesis, and variable optimization for the synthesis, and enzymatic hydrolysis us ...