Jump to Main Content
- Necamp, Timothy, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Conservation genetics 2016 v.17 no.6 pp. 1245-1255
- Penstemon; dunes; genetic variation; habitats; heterozygosity; inbreeding; latitude; microsatellite repeats; rare species; sand; Arizona; California; Mojave Desert; Nevada
- ... Penstemon albomarginatus is a psammophytic endemic of the Mojave Desert, found only in deep sand and dune habitats of San Bernardino County, California, Mohave County, Arizona, and Clark and Nye Counties in Nevada. We used six microsatellite loci to assess genetic differentiation and diversity for 228 individuals across the 12 known populations of this rare species. A slight heterozygote deficienc ...
- NECAMP, Timothy, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of systematics and evolution 2014 v.52 no.5 pp. 598-611
- Penstemon; collaborative management; extinction; gene flow; genetic variation; government agencies; habitats; inbreeding; inbreeding depression; indigenous species; landowners; natural gas; nongovernmental organizations; oil shale; outcrossing; pollen; pollination; rare species; threatened species; Colorado
- ... Rare species of plants are especially vulnerable to extinction when populations are few, have small numbers of individuals, and are fragmented. Such conditions lead to a reduction in gene flow and genetic diversity, and encourage inbreeding depression. We conducted a study of the reproductive biology and population genetics of Penstemon debilis (Plantaginaceae), a Federally Threatened species ende ...