Jump to Main Content
- Neira, L.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture reports 2017 v.6 pp. 28-34
- Colossoma macropomum; animal growth; body composition; body weight; carbohydrates; crude protein; dietary protein; digestibility; effluents; energy; excretion; experimental diets; fish; food intake; juveniles; lipids; nitrogen; nutrients; omnivores; protein efficiency ratio; tanks; weight gain
- ... The use of dietary protein can be optimized by increasing diet energy, which can be achieved by adding non-protein nutrients such as carbohydrates and lipids. If incorporated in suitable amounts, these items can promote the protein sparing effect, reducing nitrogen excretion and improving the quality of fish farming effluents. The study assessed productive performance, body composition, nutrient a ...
- Neira, L.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2015 v.71 pp. 205-213
- Escherichia coli; Gram-positive bacteria; Lavandula angustifolia; Origanum; Staphylococcus aureus; additives; antagonists; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chemical composition; essential oils; flowers; functional properties; gelatin; growth retardation; hydrodistillation; hydrophobicity; leaves; microbial growth; minimum inhibitory concentration; oregano; permeability; water vapor
- ... The chemical composition of the essential oils obtained by hydrodistillation from fully-formed, dried oregano leaves (Origanum vulgareOriganum vulgare) and lavender leaves and flowers (Lavandula officinalis) were analyzed by GC/MS. The effectiveness of oregano (OEO) and lavender (LEO) essential oils and a mixture LEO:OEO (50:50) in inhibiting Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus growth were ...