Jump to Main Content
- Neu, Daniel, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant signaling & behavior 2010 v.5 no.12 pp. 1642-1644
- Arabidopsis; biosynthesis; germination; homeostasis; hydrolases; indole acetic acid; plant growth; seedlings
- ... The regulation of cellular auxin levels is a critical factor in determining plant growth and architecture, as indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) gradients along the plant axis and local IAA maxima are known to initiate numerous plant growth responses. The regulation of auxin homeostasis is mediated in part by transport, conjugation and deconjugation, as well as by de novo biosynthesis. However, the pathwa ...
- PubMed Central:
- Neu, Daniel, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Planta 2006 v.224 no.6 pp. 1241-1253
- Arabidopsis thaliana; amidase; antiserum; biosynthesis; chloroplasts; enzyme activity; fatty acids; indole acetic acid; mitochondria; proteins
- ... Amidase 1 (AMI1) from Arabidopsis thaliana converts indole-3-acetamide (IAM), into indole-3-acetic acid (IAA). AMI1 is part of a small isogene family comprising seven members in A. thaliana encoding proteins which share a conserved glycine- and serine-rich amidase-signature. One member of this family has been characterized as an N-acylethanolamine-cleaving fatty acid amidohydrolase (FAAH) and two ...