Jump to Main Content
- Neves, O., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Ecotoxicology 2009 v.18 no.8 pp. 1130-1136
- Lactuca sativa; Phaseolus vulgaris; Solanum tuberosum; case studies; chemical hazards; field experimentation; green beans; humans; irrigation water; lettuce; polluted soils; potatoes; risk; uranium; vegetable consumption
- ... The knowledge of uranium concentration, in the products entering the human diet is of extreme importance because of their chemical hazard to health. Controlled field experiments with potatoes, beans and lettuce (Solanum tuberosum L., Phaseolus vulgaris L. and Lactuca sativa L.) were carried out in a contaminated soil used by local farmers located near a closed Portuguese uranium mine (Cunha Baixa, ...
- Neves, O., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2008 v.195 no.1-4 pp. 73-84
- soil pollution; polluted soils; uranium; water pollution; irrigation water; mined soils; agricultural soils; uptake mechanisms; Lactuca sativa; lettuce; humans; food safety; bioaccumulation; translocation (plant physiology); Portugal
- ... Uranium mining activity in Cunha Baixa (Portugal) village has left a legacy of polluted soils and irrigation water. A controlled field experiment was conducted with lettuce (Lactuca sativa L.) in an agricultural area nearby the abandoned mine in order to evaluate uranium uptake and distribution in roots and leaves as well as ascertain levels of uranium intake by the local inhabitants from plant co ...
- Neves, O., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2010 v.21 no.3 pp. 227-230
- emulsions; antibacterial properties; nanotechnology; culture media; emulsifying; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; Escherichia coli; synergism; bacteriocins; detergents; food pathogens; bacterial contamination