Jump to Main Content
- Ng, Tsz Kin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2018 v.66 no.48 pp. 12866-12875
- angiogenesis; apoptosis; biosynthesis; cell cycle; endothelial cells; energy; epigallocatechin gallate; flavanols; green tea; humans; lipids; metabolites; metabolomics; oxidative phosphorylation; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Neovascularization causes serious oculopathy related to upregulation of vascular-endothelial-growth factor (VEGF) causing new capillary growth via endothelial cells. Green-tea-extract (GTE) constituents possess antiangiogenesis properties. We used VEGF to induce human umbilical-vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) and applied GTE, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), and mixtures of different compositions ...
- Ng, Tsz Kin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Cell and tissue research 2017 v.367 no.2 pp. 229-241
- GATA transcription factors; actin; bioreactors; free radical scavengers; gene expression regulation; heart; ligaments; mechanical stress; microRNA; myocardial infarction; neural crest; nitric oxide; stem cells; tensile strength; transcription (genetics); troponin T
- ... Cellular therapies for the treatment of myocardial infarction have proven to be an invaluable tool in recent years and provide encouraging evidence for the possibility to restore normal heart function. However, questions still remain as to the optimal cell source, pre-conditioning methods and delivery techniques for such an application. This study explores the use of a population of stem cells ari ...
- Ng, Tsz Kin, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.51 pp. 18303-18308
- antagonists; hormone receptors; inflammation; somatoliberin
- ... Disruptions in immunity and occurrence of inflammation cause many eye diseases. The growth hormone-releasing hormone–growth hormone–insulin-like growth factor-1 (GHRH–GH–IGF1) axis exerts regulatory effects on the immune system. Its involvement in ocular inflammation remains to be investigated. Here we studied this signaling in endotoxin-induced uveitis (EIU) generated by LPS. The increase in GHRH ...
- PubMed Central: