Jump to Main Content
- Nicholas-Davies, Phillipa, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Land use policy 2019 v.81 pp. 834-842
- farm management; farmers; farming systems; industry; information exchange; issues and policy; mechanization; sustainable agriculture; England; Wales
- ... As a response to the environmentally and socially destructive practices of post-war mechanization and intensification, the concept of sustainable agriculture has become prominent in research, policy, and practice. Sustainable agriculture aims to balance the economic, environmental, and social aspects of farming, creating a resilient farming system in the long-term. Over the last few decades, vario ...
- Nicholas-Davies, Phillipa, et al. Show all 32 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 pp. 102656
- demographic statistics; econometrics; farmers; farming systems; governance; households; interviews; models; qualitative analysis; quantitative analysis; risk management; stakeholders; supply chain; uncertainty; Netherlands
- ... Agricultural systems in Europe face accumulating economic, ecological and societal challenges, raising concerns about their resilience to shocks and stresses. These resilience issues need to be addressed with a focus on the regional context in which farming systems operate because farms, farmers' organizations, service suppliers and supply chain actors are embedded in local environments and functi ...