Jump to Main Content
- Nicolau, Samantha E., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2017 v.55 no.5 pp. 787-793
- X-radiation; biodegradability; iodine; polymers
- ... To address a need for highly X‐ray opaque biodegradable materials, a series of poly(ε‐caprolactone) derivatives were prepared using oxime post‐polymerization modification to conjugate two different iodinated hydroxylamines. These materials were synthesized with up to 32 wt. % iodine content and demonstrated improved X‐ray contrast relative to both the ketone precursors and previously reported mono ...
- Nicolau, Samantha E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of polymer science 2015 v.53 no.20 pp. 2421-2430
- X-radiation; biodegradability; composite polymers; computed tomography; differential scanning calorimetry; gel chromatography; hydroxylamine; image analysis; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; opacity; polymerization; radiography; stoichiometry; thermal properties; thermogravimetry; tin
- ... Since two of the most common technologies for imaging the human body are X‐ray radiography and computed tomography (CT), researchers are focused on developing biodegradable and biocompatible polymeric molecules as an alternative to the traditional small molecule contrast agents. This report highlights the synthesis of novel biodegradable iodinated poly(ε‐caprolactone) copolymers by oxime “Click” l ...