Jump to Main Content
- Nie, Haipeng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant science 2019 v.283 pp. 23-31
- alternative splicing; amino acid composition; amino acids; buds; genes; grain yield; leaves; messenger RNA; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen content; phytomass; plant growth; rice; seedlings; tillering; tripeptides
- ... The rice nitrate and di/tripeptide transporter (NPF) gene family plays an indispensable role in nitrogen transport and plant growth. In this study, 18 alternatively spliced OsNPF genes with 36 different forms of mRNAs were identified, and two of these, namely OsNPF7.1 and OsNPF7.4, showed opposite expression patterns in axillary buds under different nitrogen concentrations. Our results indicate th ...
- Nie, Haipeng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Rice 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 12
- RNA interference; breeding; buds; cell division; cytokinins; gene overexpression; genes; grain yield; growth and development; messenger RNA; mutants; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; rice; strigolactones; tillering
- ... BACKGROUND: Rice tiller number is one of the most important factors that determine grain yield, while nitrogen is essential for the crop growth and development, especially for tiller formation. Genes involved in nitrogen use efficiency processes have been identified in the previous studies, however, only a small number of these genes have been found to improve grain yield by promoting tillering. R ...
- PubMed Central: