Jump to Main Content
- Nielsen, Kåre Nolde, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fisheries research 2019 v.209 pp. 117-128
- case studies; decision making; decision support systems; ecosystems; employment; environmental impact; fisheries management; mortality; research projects; stakeholders; North Sea
- ... Any ecosystem based fisheries management system is necessarily faced with the problem of multiple objectives that trade-off against one another. Typically, objectives such as the maximization of yield, employment or profit or minimizing environmental impacts will be optimized in different parts of the decision space, which is formed of the fishing mortality rates that can be applied to the various ...
- Nielsen, Kåre Nolde, et al. Show all 26 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 363-376
- collaborative management; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystems; fisheries; fishery resources; planning; stakeholders
- ... We present a framework for results‐based management (RBM) of commercial fisheries. The core idea of RBM is to reduce micromanagement by delegating management responsibility to resource users. The RBM framework represents an industrial organization approach to co‐management and comprises three defining processes, conducted by three independent “agents”: (i) an “authority” defines specific and measu ...