Jump to Main Content
- Nieto-Ariza, Beatriz, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.619-620 pp. 906-915
- Danio rerio; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; environmental factors; fish; fish communities; habitat destruction; habitat preferences; habitats; risk; rivers
- ... Aquatic ecotoxicity assays used to assess ecological risk assume that organisms living in a contaminated habitat are forcedly exposed to the contamination. This assumption neglects the ability of organisms to detect and avoid contamination by moving towards less disturbed habitats, as long as connectivity exists. In fluvial systems, many environmental parameters vary spatially and thus condition o ...
- Nieto‐Ariza, Beatriz, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biotropica 2014 v.46 no.6 pp. 687-695
- botanical composition; calcium; copper; forest types; geographical variation; inventories; iron; landscapes; lowland forests; magnesium; multidimensional scaling; phosphorus; potassium; sand fraction; silt fraction; soil sampling; trees; tropical forests; variance; zinc; Panama
- ... Many studies analyzing the relative contribution of soil properties versus distance‐related processes on plant species composition have focused on lowland tropical forests. Very few have investigated two forest types simultaneously, to contrast ecological processes that assemble the communities. This study analyses—at the landscape scale—the relative contribution of soil and distance on lowland an ...
- Nieto-Ariza, Beatriz, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Oecologia 2012 v.170 no.2 pp. 421-431
- Apoidea; Erysimum; biogeography; butterflies; geographical distribution; geographical variation; habitats; indigenous species; plant reproduction; pollen; pollinators; population density; rain; seedling emergence; seedling production; seeds; soil
- ... Pollen limitation may have important consequences for the reproduction and abundance of plant species. It may be especially harmful to endangered and endemic plants with small populations. In this study, we quantify the effect of pollen limitation on seed production and seedling emergence in an endangered narrow endemic crucifer, Erysimum popovii. We conducted a pollen addition experiment across t ...