Jump to Main Content
- Nitsch, Felix, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Renewable energy 2019 v.133 pp. 1468-1478
- data collection; energy; hydrometeorology; light intensity; models; renewable energy sources; solar radiation; time series analysis; wind speed; Europe
- ... Data that allow the characterization of short-term and inter-annual variability of renewable energy resources availability are becoming highly valuable for energy system modellers. Global reanalysis data provide long time series of records without gaps and full spatial coverage at no cost for the final user. However, these exhibit coarse spatial resolution. The COSMO-REA6 and COSMOS-REA2 regional ...
- Nitsch, Felix, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied energy 2018 v.228 pp. 902-915
- batteries; data collection; electricity; electricity generation; models; research projects; rural areas; snowpack; solar energy; solar radiation; temperature; urban areas; Czech Republic; Germany
- ... Motivated by a research project that studies the future of the energy system in rural areas at the border between Germany and the Czech Republic, and by the publication of the COSMO-REA high-resolution regional reanalysis data sets for Europe in 2017, this study presents a methodology for generating maps indicating minimum battery and photovoltaics sizes for self-sufficient single-family houses. T ...