Jump to Main Content
- Noh, Seung-Jae, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of Asia-Pacific entomology 2015 v.18 no.3 pp. 377-382
- Pediculus humanus capitis; endosymbionts; genes; genetic variation; head; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; nucleotide sequences; single nucleotide polymorphism; transcriptome
- ... The body louse (Pediculus humanus humanus) is known to have diverged from the head louse (P. humanus capitis) but genomic differences between these two subspecies still remain unexplored. To compare genomic profiles between head and body lice, whole genome sequences of head lice were determined by next generation sequencing methods based on both Illumina Genome analyzer and Roche GS FLX pyrosequen ...
- Noh, Seung-Jae, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2014 v.7 no.1 pp. 279
- Leptotrombidium; Orientia tsutsugamushi; chiggers; evolution; flow cytometry; genome; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reliability; scrub typhus; vector competence
- ... BACKGROUND: Leptotrombidium pallidum and Leptotrombidium scutellare are the major vector mites for Orientia tsutsugamushi, the causative agent of scrub typhus. Before these organisms can be subjected to whole-genome sequencing, it is necessary to estimate their genome sizes to obtain basic information for establishing the strategies that should be used for genome sequencing and assembly. METHOD: T ...
- PubMed Central: