Jump to Main Content
- Nolte, Johannes, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biocatalysis and agricultural biotechnology 2019 v.19 pp. 101114
- Leuconostoc citreum; Weissella; alternansucrase; biocatalysts; caffeic acid; catechol; dimethyl sulfoxide; enzyme activity; ethanol; gel electrophoresis; glucosides; glucosylation; isomers; kinetics; lactic acid bacteria; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; protocatechuic acid; staining; sucrose
- ... Twelve Leuconostoc and seven Weissella strains with extracellular glucansucrase activity were obtained from an analysis of 41 lactic acid bacteria. Culture supernatants of all glucansucrase positive strains catalyzed the glycosylation of caffeic acid with sucrose as donor substrate. Eighteen enzymes produced one major peak, which was identified as caffeic acid-4′-O-α-D-monoglucoside by LC-MS and N ...
- Nolte, Johannes, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Enzyme and microbial technology 2019 v.120 pp. 69-76
- Larrea tridentata; Leuconostoc pseudomesenteroides; Weissella; alternansucrase; antioxidant activity; biotransformation; breast neoplasms; cell movement; glucosides; glucosylation; half life; hydrolysis; kinetics; lignans; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; medicinal properties; metastasis; neoplasm cells; nordihydroguaiaretic acid; water solubility
- ... Nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA) is the major lignan of the creosote bush Larrea tridentata known for its antioxidative and pharmacological properties. Here we present the identification of glucansucrases for NDGA glucosylation and the physicochemical and biological characterization of the glucosides. Extracellular glucansucrase of L. pseudomesenteroides DSM 20193 was selected from 19 glucansucras ...