Jump to Main Content
- Noorman, Henk J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.146 pp. 41-51
- Penicillium chrysogenum; adenosine triphosphate; arabitol; biomass production; biosynthesis; carbon metabolism; energy efficiency; erythritol; free amino acids; glucose; glycogen; glycolysis; mannitol; metabolic flux analysis; metabolomics; mutants; pentose phosphate cycle; phenotype; sporulation; trehalose; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... In Penicillium chrysogenum, it has been observed that turnover of storage carbohydrates (trehalose, mannitol, arabitol, erythritol and glycogen) resulting in an extra ATP expenditure might partly account for the reduced penicillin productivity under dynamic cultivation conditions. In this work, Penicillium chrysogenum mutants with altered trehalose metabolism were constructed using the Agrobacteri ...
- Noorman, Henk J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biochemical engineering journal 2018 v.140 pp. 57-71
- fermentation; fermenters; fluid mechanics; guidelines
- ... Euler–Lagrange computational fluid dynamics simulations offer great potential for the integration of transport dynamics and metabolic dynamics in fermentation systems. Since the seminal work of Lapin et al. [1,2], progress has been made, mainly in the analysis of CFD data and translation to laboratory setup designs. Different large-scale processes require different analysis methods; in this paper ...