Jump to Main Content
- Norton, A.J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2019 v.272-273 pp. 187-201
- Eucalyptus; absorption; band placement; canopy; chlorophyll; energy; epoxidation reactions; fluorescence; forests; heat; hyperspectral imagery; lutein; photochemistry; photosynthesis; plant health; prediction; reflectance; remote sensing; vegetation index; wavelengths
- ... Plants actively regulate excess absorbed energy to protect photosynthetic machinery through heat dissipation in a process known as non-photochemical quenching (NPQ), a process useful for quantifying plant health and productivity. NPQ can be indirectly measured in the visible wavelengths between 500 nm and 560 nm, most commonly through the Photochemical Reflectance Index (PRI). However, there remai ...
- Norton, A.J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Annals of applied biology 2006 v.149 no.1 pp. 15-25
- air flow; dry season; field experimentation; fineness; flax; flowering; herbicides; industrial applications; nitrogen; retting; stems; tensile strength; yarns
- ... Field trials of fibre flax were sown in 2002 and 2003 comprising 29 and 26 flax varieties, respectively. In 2002, two nitrogen treatments of 40 and 80 kg ha⁻¹ were imposed. The trials were sprayed with a desiccating herbicide prior to retting at 35 and 15 days after midpoint of flowering in 2002 and 2003, respectively, and were harvested once retting had completed. Fibre was extracted from the fla ...