Jump to Main Content
- Ntambo, Mbuya Sylvain, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop protection 2019 v.124 pp. 104853
- Cenchrus purpureus; DNA fragmentation; Xanthomonas albilineans; bacterial diseases of plants; crops; essential genes; forage; grasses; juices; leaves; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; nucleotides; phylogeny; plant pathogenic bacteria; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; sequence analysis; sugarcane; China; Florida; France; Guadeloupe; Martinique
- ... Elephant grass (Pennisetum purpureum) is an important fodder crop worldwide. Numerous plant pathogens have been found to infect this grass, which plays a major role as a reservoir for important pathogens of other grass crops including sugarcane. In this study, we collected 36 leaf samples and 108 juice samples from six symptomatic plants and 30 asymptomatic plants of elephant grass in Fuzhou, Chin ...
- Ntambo, Mbuya Sylvain, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Crop protection 2018 v.109 pp. 17-23
- DNA primers; Xanthomonas albilineans; adenosine triphosphate; financial economics; genes; leaves; molecular cloning; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; protocols; sequence analysis; sugar industry; sugarcane; China; Florida; French West Indies
- ... Leaf scald caused by Xanthomonas albilineans (Ashby) Downson is a destructive disease of sugarcane that can cause severe economic losses. During 2013–2017, 357 sugarcane leaf samples were collected from four provinces in China: 141 samples were taken from plants showing symptoms attributed to leaf scald and 216 were taken from asymptomatic plants. A previously described PCR protocol and PCR primer ...