Jump to Main Content
- Nyemb-Diop, Kéra, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.280 pp. 210-220
- acidification; digestion; dry matter content; egg albumen; gels; pH; particle size; particle size distribution; rheology; stomach; swine; texture; viscoelasticity
- ... The hypothesis is that the characteristics of ingested protein gels influences the subsequent in vivo gastric digestion process. Three egg white gels (EWGs) of identical composition but differing in structure and texture were prepared and fed to pigs. Sampling throughout a 6 h postprandial period, and at different locations in the stomach of the pigs, enabled a detailed spatial-temporal mapping of ...
- Nyemb-Diop, Kéra, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.88 pp. 302-309
- adults; digestion; egg albumen; gels; heat; in vitro digestion; intestines; ionic strength; models; pH; peptides; statistical analysis
- ... This study aimed to explore how food structure, in the form of different egg white gel matrices, impacts the peptide kinetics profiles using an in vitro model that simulated digestion in the adult gastrointestinal tract. Four different gel matrices were prepared by heating egg white gel solutions using different combinations of pH and ionic strength. Label-free quantitative peptidomics and statist ...